Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Beginning

There are so many factors that you need to consider when you set out to write an amazing song, and each of these factors needs to grab the listener. You need a relatable muse, tone, and lyrics. Once you've established these, you must address the tempo, the key, the notes and chords, and the vocals, and how you want to include these in the song. After all this work, you will spend hours recording and editing until you have come up with your final product. This entire process could take anywhere from weeks to years. The song Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen supposedly took 7-10 years to get to its perfection of a final product, and took three weeks to record alone. I, on the other hand, have a mere semester to achieve musical greatness.

I will break up these factors (the muse, tone, lyrics, key, notes/chords, vocals, and recording) into individual blog entries that I will be posting every friday until I reach my final product. The road to greatness is a long one, and I want to document every step of my journey. Also, In every blog post I will be including a link to a song that I believe to be excellent, for me as inspiration and for your listening pleasure. This week's song, of course, is Bohemian Rhapsody.

https://soundcloud.com/ecpa/queen-bohemian-rhapsody

Join me on my journey as a novice, though study and passion, attempts to create a musical masterpiece.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Rhapsody

No comments:

Post a Comment