Friday, January 31, 2014

The Muse

The muse is defined as the central inspiration or idea of a song. It can be anything from a break-up to a brand-spanking-new Ford Pickup. Usually, the muse is also central to what is happening in the author's life. An excellent example of this is the song American Pie by Don McLean.

https://soundcloud.com/user4664891/don-mclean-american-pie?in=connor-simrell/sets/the-legends

This song was clearly inspired by the events of World War II. The lyrics at first describe life before the war, and when the music "dies" is clearly a euphemism towards the start of the war or the nuking of Japan.

This most prominent moment in my life right now would have to be being with my new girlfriend. It's like nothing I've ever experienced before with another person, and I feel like I could just pour my heart out into the lyrics.

Here is a verse that I've written that may or may not be used in the final product:

The taste of your skin
Still lingers on my lips
Imprinted memory
Of my hands on your hips

I stare into your eyes
You stare into my soul
You got me where you want me
I'm under your control

No comments:

Post a Comment